Friday, November 16, 2007

Home from College

My son wanted to come home for the weekend and I told him I could pick him up on Friday and take him back on Sunday.

He said when he got home, he would like to see his Mother on Friday and then come home so we could go out to dinner on Saturday and he could be close to his friends who he wanted to see.

After calling her and letting her know his plans, she insisted he come over on Saturday instead and stay all day. I canceled everything else so my day was ruined but I was glad I would get to see him on Sunday.

On Sunday, he stayed in his room with his brother and his best friend until he had to get ready to leave since his ride was coming in about two hours.

Realizing that we never had our dinner, he asked if we could go to McDonald's or something before he left.

I reminded him we had dinner plans, which he canceled and told him I was really tired of having everything we planned ruined by his Mother.

I told him to just do what he wants. I just don't care anymore.

He will be asking me to come pick him up so he can come home for spring break soon.

No comments: